Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a Day!

Today was one of those days that you long to have on your day off.  There was nothing pressing to do, no chores needing to be finished, no responsibilities, and total freedom.  Let me set it up for you.  

First, I slept in til about 9:30am.  I didn't have anything pressing to do so I just laid in bed and watched tv until 10:30am.  I finally got up, took a shower, and got ready to go play a cheap round of golf with a new friend.  This was a portion of what made it a great day.  

I love to play golf but it's so expensive that I don't really get to play that often.  I've played with more frequency and have been pretty good but when you play as sporadic as I have lately you never know which player will show up, Tiger Woods or Tazmanian Devil? 

My new friend is an older gentlemen in the church that I met through our golf tournament last month.  He is retired and works at the golf course only a couple of days a week as a Starter and gets free golf and guests only pay $16 (cart fee).  This is a pretty nice course so I was happy to get to play for so cheap.  We had a good time.  Neither of us played all that great but we had some good shots here and there and had fun getting to know each other.  Playing a round of cheap golf on a nice course with a fun guy is enough to make me a happy man.  But that's not all...

As I got off the course I got a text from a dear friend who wanted to meet up just to talk and catch up on life.  We've both been busy and haven't got to talk as much as we use too.  We met at Starbucks and hung out like old times, laughing and catching up.  We also were joined later by some other friends which added to the laughs and good time.  

So now, I'm here at the house UNWINDING from such a stressfully hard day with a belly full of Cashew Chicken from the local Chinese restaurant.  

I'm a simple man of simple means.  Man!!! it's been a good day!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Sounds like you had a great day - everyone needs a day like that sometimes!