Sunday, July 20, 2008

Getting a Little Personal

I'm taking a Q from a friend who posted their personal likes and quirks.  Maybe, you'll feel like you know me a little better after reading this. 

My middle name is Blair (mother's maiden name)
I once considered trying to change to going by Blair instead of Adam, b/c I don't like Adam.
My closest friends and one's I grew up with call me Wyngs or Culla.
I actually like sleeping on my couch more than in my bed (day or night)
I usually sleep with one leg outside the covers, cause that's how I roll.
I've taught myself to play guitar, but it's not very good.  I blame it on the instructor.
We believe my family came from Scotland, but we're not completely sure.  
I've lived Ga,Ca, and Nc all before I was 24.  
I owned a motorcycle while I was in college (and REALLY want another one)
I've owned 5 different vehicles since I was 16, excluding the motorcycle.
I'm a bit of a romantic.
When I'm frustrated I'll say, "Are you Kidding me?!"  It just comes out.  
I like to trout fish because of the challenge of catching them and the thrill of standing in running water.
I like the beach, but prefer the mountains.  
A Southern winter is my favorite season.  Cool, crisp, but not bitter cold.  
I have an extensive shoe collection.  
I've been told I have different voices with friends, on the phone, and teaching.  All are different and distinct.  I don't really know what that means.  
I dreamed of being a professional baseball player, but that ended after high school.
I was prom king.  
I've only had two true loves, and began ring shopping once, but never bought.
The most nostalgic sound is metal cleats crunching on pavement.
One of my most nostalgic songs is John Mayer's "No Such Thing".
I sing at the top of my lungs in the car, but not with others or at red lights. 
I've had strains, sprains, and bruises, but yet to have broken a bone. 
When I was younger I sported a flat top and glasses, and still somehow got a girlfriend.
I like being on the water, ocean or lake.  
I like to travel, despite the financial inability at the moment.  
I've got names picked out for a son or a daughter, but I'm sure that'll change when that time comes.  (Daniel and Blair, because I know you want to know)
I recently became an uncle for the first time. 
I like putting peanuts in my Coke. 
I'm a little bit country and a little bit city.
I've always wanted to learn carpentry and woodworking.  

Just a look into the romantic comedy that is Adam.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha, I enjoyed that. Thanks for a Monday morning laugh. I just may have to steal this and use it on mine...We shall see!

shaebe27 said...

haha.. i enjoyed that too!
a great idea for a post.
why do you like to put peanuts in your coke??

John Grady said...

Adam, It's been a long time man! How are things going? I stumbled upon your blog while surfing the web. Sounds like you are staying busy! Things are going well for us. We are now in Lima, Peru awaiting the arrival of our 2nd son and then we will head back to our home in Huancane. Check out our website and blog...you can get to both through www.gradysonmission.com. Later!
John Grady

Ginny said...

haha, this was great. we have alot in common, minus the flat top and peanuts in coke. i actually heard the sound of cleats on pavement when i read it... weird.
yes, i'm all grown up now. well, sordof. :)