Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life Limbo

Thanks to all you who posted with encouragement and sympathy on my last blog.

To update you, I have quit my job at UPS. The late hours and lack of normal sleep was wearing on me too much and the hours I was having to put in were not what I was originally told when I started. So I've said farewell to free insurance and a little extra money.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to make things work on my limited budget and am cutting costs where I can. I've got student loan repayment beginning which will take some $$ out of my pocket money. I'm praying through what is to come next. I love where I'm at and the people that have surrounded me. I believe God has placed me in this area and a heart for young adults for a reason. Now I'm trying to see how He is wanting me to serve.

I'm only part-time at my church serving as Activities Director and there is no plan or talks of coming on Full-time in any other position. So, I'm kind of in a limbo position hovering under the bar, feet spread out as far as they can go, thighs starting to burn, worried I'm about to pull something, and teetering on falling backwards. It's a struggle to want to make it under the poll and succeed in the challenge but feeling the pain and wonder of how I'm going to make it under and through.

It's a weird analogy I know but hey, I'm kind of a weird guy, what can I say?!

Do you understand that feeling? That point of teetering on falling over in a limbo competition, trying to get your footing right and stable, the weird feeling of having your feet ahead of the rest of your body and trying to balance it to get through to where you can stand upright again, and return to normalcy. Maybe you don't, and I hope you don't, because as much fun as doing a real limbo is, this place of unanswered questions and twisting and contorting is agonizing and frustrating. But, just like real limbo, you can't stop or you will fall, it's guaranteed. It's too hard to stop and start again. You've got to adjust in the moment and continue pushing forward.

I'm adjusting in the midst of moving forward to what God is calling for my life. Be what it may, I adjust and push onward to the calling and prize found in Christ Jesus. If you're life is anything like mine or can relate in any way, may you find the strength to keep moving forward through the power of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Definitely understand. You can probably tell that by my job, life, living comments this weekend. I suppose, I'll learn more to be patient in the waiting times and trust God will show me what's next. I'll be praying for your situation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.